Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince: JK Rowling

I read this more slowly than I think I have any other Harry Potter. On two chapters a day I had a good chance to savour it a bit more than usual. And what I found, I really liked. Rowling has done a good job at moving the characters on: getting rid of dead wood like Cho Chang and focusing in on a good core group of people who can and will carry the storyline to the end of the series.

In terms of the drama of the story: well, she does well. We are left with lots of loose ends, lots of thoughts about who will do what in the final one of the series. Will Harry work alone or with a team, will Hogwarts re-open, will Ron and Hermione get it together properly, and who is R.A.B?

She’s done well. This is I think better than the Order of the Phoenix… am very much looking forward to the last in the series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Walk To Freedom: Nelson Mandela

Out of The Silent Planet: CS Lewis

The Kite Runner: Khaled Hosseini